Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
The Geospatial Analyst job includes extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization, and modeling to solve problems and enhance GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues.
- Provide geospatial analysis services to include extracting or acquiring geospatial information from various sources for analysis, visualization, and modeling.
- Extract and enhance feature data and use a variety of mapping tools and software for production purposes.
- Work in a dynamic team environment and possess an eagerness to engage customers on a broad spectrum of geospatial content issues.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have graduated from formal military or civilian Geospatial school
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools
- Experience with geospatial analysis, feature extraction, and data evaluation and manipulation
- Proficiency with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing and photogrammetry
- Experience using the Integrated Exploitation Capability
- Proficient in the application and use of Network analysis, data management, versioned editing, Visual Basic (VB), Python scripting
- Knowledge of research programs, imagery, GIS data file formats, and applications
- Experience with Exploitation Software, (ERDAS Imagine, SOCET GXP, SOCET SET, RemoteView)
- Familiarity with various data formats (DTED, VPF, CIB, ADRG, etc.)
- Ability to pass the GEOINT Professional Certification - Fundamentals (GPC-F) within six months of start date
Desired Skills and Abilities:
GEOINT Professional Certification - Fundamentals (GPC-F)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.