The Geographic Information System (GIS) Intern provides assistance for the creation, design, maintenance, and support of accurate GIS data. Performs duties including the use of spatial and tabular GIS related to: E-911 addressing; Emergency Service Atlas production; data editing, coding, and annotating; and related work as assigned.
Position is expected to work approximately 10 hours per week for 16 weeks. Scheduling is flexible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Illustrative only):
- Updates and maintains GIS base map and enterprise geodatabases.
- Translates legal land descriptions and Public Land Survey System (PLSS) data to cartographic representations.
- Creates thematic and comprehensive maps for analysis, quality control, presentations and distribution.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to users in all aspects of GIS.
- Assists in updating GIS address data.
- Troubleshoots GIS technology issues.
- Work with GIS team to develop data standards and maintenance procedures.
- Researches and evaluates current/new technologies and recommends implementation strategies.
- Must be enrolled in a 4-year college/university with 1 or more years completed in Geography, Geographic Information System or a closely related field.
- Excellent knowledge of GIS theory, relational database principles, applications, cartographic design.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.