Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Functional Area #2 - Software Application Maintenance, Enhancements, and Engineering Support
• This position is responsible for providing complex application programming and development support on networks and/or PC's. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, coding and designing new and/or modifying programs; modifying scripts as required; controlling system testing: debugging, reviewing and approving output; preparing user, operation and program documentation based upon established policies; regularly providing guidance and training to less experienced programmer analysts and working with users to ensure needs are met.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: 3D modeling, slope, volume, area, hills hade analysis, raster rectification & registration, spatial modeling, 3D movie flyby’s, surface modeling, Image analysis, cartography, demographic modeling, travel time and cost analysis, route analysis, training, creation of FGDC metadata, operating and maintenance of GPS unit.
• Creation of geospatial data, general surveying using an EDM and GPS device, operation of the
• GPS unit, recording and mapping of the GPS data, creation of and maintaining the GIS databases, creation of thematic mapping with various software applications such as, but not limited to: ArcIMS for various interactive mapping themes. Software used to accomplish these tasks may be any of the following: ArcView(ESRI), ArcInfo, ArcIMS(ESRI), AutoCAD
• 2000NT, Dreamweaver HTML editor, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat & PDFWriter, and numerous other programs running on a clients Intra/Extranet servers
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in GIS, Geography, Earth Sciences, Urban and Regional Planning or an applicable training certificate from an accredited institution with five years experience.
Experience Requirement: Three years of intensive and progressive experience in a field requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
Specialized Skill Sets: At least two years experience in geocoding/geospatial technologies, applications and database.
Place of Performance: On site – Government spaces at NAVMETOCCOM, Stennis Space Center and Gulfport, MS, San Diego, CA; Monterey, CA; Washington D.C.; and various subordinate sites.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.