ENGILITY Corp. is seeking a full-time employee for a program opening in Hancock County, Mississippi. This position will support the analysis and processing of environmental data and provide written or graphical input to acoustic, physical, and geologic oceanographic sections of Digital Environmental Reports and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) products. Part-time hours authorized will be less than 1,000 hours for a full contract/calendar year. Travel may be required.
GIS Analyst Activities:
- Provide processing and technical input for the Digital Environmental Reports and GIS/Geodatabases using available acoustic/physical/geologic oceanographic data and models.
- Maintain contacts with academic organizations that are engaged in marine research or business and with scientists, engineers, and professional societies that are active in the ocean and marine science community.
- Assist in the organization, maintenance, and analysis of environmental data for inclusion in and construction of a variety of environmental support products.
GIS Analyst Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science
- Technical proficiency in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to include geodatabases and metabata, and a working knowledge of the Geospatial Environmental Analysis and Visualization Suite (GEAVS).
- Utilize geophysical and acoustic data processing software to ingest, process, catalog, and archive seafloor data.
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance; but must be TS/SCI eligible and must consent to a counterintelligence polygraph (i.e. if selected the individual will be put in for a TS/SCI level clearance with a CI Poly Required).
Related experience preferred
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.