The GIS Analyst Programmer is responsible for analyzing, maintaining, designing, developing, testing, and implementing GIS applications. This position is responsible for the support, training, and interaction with the user community to improve daily processing and user development in the understanding of the GIS applications. The GIS Analyst Programmer will prepare, maintain, and publish GIS system documentation to support Information Services staff and user community.
- Identifies, analyzes, maintains, supports, designs, develops/configures and upgrades GIS software applications (in-house and third party software) to ensure processes and functionality of the applications comply with the organization processes and regulations.
- Researches, plans, develops, tests, and implements internal and external interfaces between existing and new system applications and the Enterprise GIS to produce seamless integration that complies with processing and business requirements.
- Creates and edits spatial web-based and mobile mapping applications.
- Conducts usability testing for spatial web-based and mobile mapping applications before implementation.
- Troubleshoots issues with existing or developed spatial web-based and mobile mapping applications.
- Supports the GIS user community in the resolution of problems with the software applications functionality.
- Researches and corrects problems with the GIS applications during production processing in an efficient and timely manner ensuring system recovery and integrity.
- Develops and maintains documentation of applications that describes the processing and maintains the support of the GIS applications.
- Assists, trains, and educates the user community in the research for new approaches to improve processing and the use of GIS software.
- Maintains professional interaction with the GIS applications staff and user community to ensure adequate system functionality, promote team participation and encourage user confidence in the applications staff quality service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position works under limited supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Geography, GIS, Management Information Systems or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Four years' progressively responsible experience in designing, developing, testing, implementing and supporting GIS applications.
- May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule including nights and weekends.
- May be required to travel and be on-call.
- GISP or PMP Certification.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Apps.
- Experience with Latitude Geographic GeoCortex.
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Experience with Enterprise Geodatabase functionality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of relational database and spatial statistics.
- Knowledge of GIS principles, practices, capabilities and limitations with demonstrated proficiency in GIS solution and data integration, geo-processing models, web-based and mobile spatial applications, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, and Crystal report writer.
- Ability to plan and coordinate project activities.
- Ability to utilize data management software (spreadsheets and databases), geographic information systems software, and digital mapping techniques.
- Ability to proficiently use relational databases such as Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, contractors, consultants and governmental agencies.
- Ability to be proficient in web-based and mobile GIS system applications, in particular, ESRI ArcGIS Server and Latitude Geographic's GeoCortex.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of up to 15 pounds, visual acuity, speech, and hearing. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment.
- Working conditions are primarily in the office environment, but occasional outside field situations could require the use of basic personal protective equipment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.