Performs specialized automated drafting duties in Gas/GIS related to Land, Regulator Stations, Gas Distribution & Transmission pipeline systems.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Performs specialized automated drafting duties in Gas/GIS related to Land, Regulator Stations, Gas Distribution & Transmission pipeline systems, including complex as-built and preliminary work orders in compliance with CPUC, DOT and GO regulations, Gas Equipment Requests, Distribution Operations System changes, Operations maps, leak survey maps, CP Trace, Crest program for customer restores, and special projects as assigned.
- Trains and mentors associate and technical employees.
- Establishes and maintains GIS accuracy and mapping standards to meet safety and reliability requirements.
- Performs specialized automated drafting, consisting of complex attributes, spatial location, database structure and connectivity of completed work from Districts Construction, ARSO Dispatchers, SOT Planners, GTS operations and maintenance activities and Land work orders.
- Creation and maintenance of connected network schematic generation.
- Quality checks attributes, spatial location, database structure and connectivity.
- Manages several concurrent projects, assignments and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of six months experience in GIS data management, specific to electric systems or gas systems or a bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field or successful completion of GIS certificate program or 1 year knowledge of SDGE work practices and/or gas construction standards specifically related to gas distribution and transmission data.
- Candidates must have successfully completed a three month Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Editor formal training program specifically related to gas systems.
- Demonstrated competency in: Identifying gas system components, gas system connectivity, performing manual and/or automated GIS editing related to, gas transmission and distribution systems.
- Must be able to digitize gas transmissions and distribution system changes and/or perform electronic data entry.
- Must be able to perform quality checks of spatial location, attributes, connectivity and database structure of completed work.
- Apply understanding of compliance and regulations to incoming data to identify issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of gas transmission and distribution DOT requirements preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cartography and Cartographic principles.
- Must have the ability to collect, interpret, analyze, and integrate graphics and attribute the data from multiple data sources into an enterprise GIS.
- Interpret and understand maps of different types such as AUTO Cad, parcel maps, imagery, environmental, utility and aerial imagery.
- Must be computer literate and have good computer file management skills.
- Must have strong research and interpretation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.