This is technical support position, which works with Designers, Engineers, and Senior Engineers. This position will be expected to function independently with limited professional and technical supervision and will be a working contributor to project teams. This position may require contact with client engineers and management. This position is subject to supervision of progress, quality, and production.
Duties & Responsibilities :
Under some supervision, will provide
• Work directly with engineering and design personnel to prepare project drawings and related documents, maintain technical files, and manage internal and external transmittals.
• Act as a fully contributing member of the design team on minor and major projects for clients/UCS.
• Fully proficient with the placement and maintenance of graphical features in client GIS systems such as Intergraph FRAMME or Small World.
• Fully proficient in client work management information systems[ WMIS] such as the Severn Trent STORMS programs
• Develop a working knowledge of remote access to these client systems.
• Learn and understand client specific compatible units used for construction and development of work requests, job cards, and construction orders.
• Develop a working knowledge of client construction standards and utility information systems.
• Prepare drawings using AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil 3-D or other integrated electronic drawing packages as required (learning curve applies – default software may be latest versions).
• Convert client/UCS supplied drawings from hard copy to electronic format through scanning and digitizing or through re-drawing.
• Convert drawings between different electronic formats.
• Set up drawings using proper scaling techniques and re-scale drawings as necessary.
• Combine drawings from several different sources into consolidated drawing sets with consistent scales, fonts, line weights, blocks, and attributes.
• Develop and maintain drawing standards (fonts, line weights, border sheets, naming conventions, etc.) for use in UC Synergetic, Inc. produced drawings.
• Contribute to design by providing accurate measurements, angles, radii, etc. to designers and engineers.
• Draw in plan and profile as required using internal or client provided stationing and offset information.
• Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
• Graduate with a two year degree in automated computer design/drafting or related field
• Experience in the area of utility Geographical Information Systems
• 2 years experience working with current utility industry GIS and WMIS programs
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
UC Synergetic, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Disabled and Veteran Employer
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.