- Responsible for preparing and updating record maps on a variety of mediums based on information supplied by construction drawings, job control forms and other data as necessary to post data in the Company GIS system.
- Candidate with complete pipeline design layouts and material requisitions from partial sketches and field notes, including all major components such as valves, regulators, meters, relief valves, etc.
- Check with others for additional design and project details/conditions as may be required to supplement sketches or technical information furnished.
- Interpret information provided by maps, construction drawings, field notes, etc. to determine the location of other structures and utilities (electric, water, telephone, etc.).
- Evaluating various completed gas operations' documents (construction folders, JCF' s, LIR' s, 1194' s, valve inspections, etc.) for map updating purposes using GIS. Must be able to read construction drawings, field notes and other utility prints.
- Associate’ s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of work experience in database entry and support with experience in the use of GIS and AutoCAD
- Knowledge in the use of the following systems/applications: AutoCAD file structures, as they relate to GIS applications;
- Source data used to create maps
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- GIS software (ArcGIS,)
- Principles and practices of GIS, GPS, and cartography
- Must be able to demonstrate the understanding of record-keeping systems including electronic data processing and associated forms.
By using best practices and optimal employee recruiting strategies, Kavaliro provides employers with employment solutions by providing the most qualified and professional employees, who can staff both project and permanent positions in order to ensure the ongoing success of all types of businesses. We use a streamlined-yet-thorough approach to staffing that saves our clients administrative time, resources and money.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.