The GIS Technician will be the lead in GPS activity in Oxnard for production related priorities. The role requires the person to work directly with the production, IT, and analyst teams to gather, input, and maintain detailed production information within the Master Database. This position will work directly with the GIS Specialist to support new project development. Other duties related to operations/production as required.
- GPS the block level information within four commodity categories.
- Identify and agree on production block level details with wholly owned and partnership ranch managers.
- Input accurate block level information into the Master Database WebApplication.
- Communicate upload information with IT from MDB to Oracle for data tracking.
- Maintain input and records to Master database from GIS Collector from field operations.
- Work with Agricultural services and IT to update production information to Master Database.
- Work with accounting to align Production Block and variety information to overall ranch information.
- Provide GPS/GIS technical expertise to other department staff members in the US.
- Identify areas for increased efficiency in work processes and cost/time reduction through improvements with GIS
- Create maps with GIS software.
- Maintain files and data.
- Attends conference and seminars as required
- Microsoft Office, Visio
- Working Knowledge of ESRI GIS Enterprise Standard platform
- Experience with ArcGIS for desktop, server, webapp
- Ability to train and contribute knowledge of GPS, GIS, mobile apps to non-technical professionals
- Ability to learn new GIS applications quickly
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Manages time wisely and can make own decisions
- Demonstrates a customer focus
- Able to work across departments
- Able to take direction and multitask
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- AA or higher in GIS or specialized certification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of directly related experience
- Fluency in English required knowledge of Spanish helpful.
- Global cultural orientation and working experience
- Able to spend extended periods of time standing in a farming setting.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Shared time in the office and in the field (50%-50%)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.