Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) is currently seeking qualified and motivated professional for the position of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Tech.
1. Identify and work with agency partners to obtain the best available geospatial data to inform the development of geographic products supporting conservation and management measures;
2. Create new geospatial data and associated metadata to inform the development of geographic products supporting conservation and management measures;
3. Quality check data and metadata;
4. Conduct spatial analysis to inform decision making;
5. Produce static and online maps to inform agency decision making and communicate conservation and management measures to the public;
6. Publish data and metadata online using Drupal.
1. A High School Diploma with at least one year specialized experience directly related to the position using Esri GIS software to map and analyze data.
2. Demonstrated continued proficiency with current and new Esri GIS software and updates.
3. Demonstrated proficiency with digital mapping.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with digital data analysis.
5. Experience with geodatabases.
6. Experience creating metadata.
7. Strong communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team settings and comply with project deadlines.
Understanding of coastal ecology and marine biology.
GIS certificate or bachelor’s degree in Geography, Ecology, Environmental Science, or related science.
U.S. Citizenship: Must be able to successfully pass a Federal Government level background check.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.