ERM is seeking a GIS Specialist to join our Minneapolis, MN office. The entry-level GIS Specialist will join an existing team of GIS specialists in integrating GIS technology in support of our core services including project feasibility studies, environmental permitting efforts and status tracking.
- Create route and site location maps.
- Organize GPS field survey data (e.g., biological resources data).
- Support web-based map applications and services.
- Incorporate engineering data with site-specific maps for feasibility and environmental permitting projects of large-scale (mainly linear) energy infrastructure projects.
- Prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment to successfully deliver quality projects.
- Enhance existing GIS capabilities by seeking opportunities for improvement of existing methods, tools, or workflows.
- Comply with corporate HSE.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or related field, Master’s degree in GIS preferred.
- Minimum of one year applied experience using Esri’s ArcGIS 10.x suite of software or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of the technical application, concepts, principles and theories in GIS and GPS.
- Working knowledge of geodatabases, georeferencing and spatial and attribute data entry and editing.
- Skill and experience utilizing cartographic coordinate systems and projections for mapping and analysis.
- Previous experience developing hard copy maps (designing interactive digital maps a plus).
- Proficient skill developing tabular data from GIS data sets or analyses.
- Practical skill organizing and managing geospatial and tabular data sets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Access, and the integration of spreadsheets, database tables and text files in ArcGIS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, an eye for professional presentation, and recognized organizational abilities.
- Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individuals who have a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience gathering GPS data with Trimble GPS hardware and software and data processing with GPS Pathfinder Office software.
- Experience with Python scripting or other computer language.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software, MS-Visio, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
- ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.