Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to create and revise maps showing deeds and plats for county reference purposes, and to support mapping functions such as analysis, research, and customer service.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains and updates maps: Revises maps to account for updates or error corrections; revises maps to record various changes to parcels; adds or updates addresses; updates connected database information.
- Analyzes map data: Identifies parcels and determines acreage or other tax basis; assists in auditing and reconciling deed books, including legal descriptions of deeds and plats; associates deeds and parcel numbers; identifies unworkable deeds and required map changes.
- Provides internal and external customer service: Processes combination, separation, and reparcel forms; conducts research required to answer customer questions; provides maps or data to customers; conducts specific research projects as requested by other county departments; works with historical data, courthouse or state data, or other legal documents to resolve questions.
- Creates custom maps: Designs and creates custom maps as requested by county departments, external customers, or other agencies.
- Provides support and training: Assists co-workers with interpretation of legal descriptions; maintenance of maps and supporting data; maintains plotters and printers as related to GIS operations.
- Communicates with supervisors, employees, city officials, and the public as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology, GIS, Geography, Planning or a related field; two years of experience in mapping or CAD software; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.