ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Use of ESRI/ArcGIS to digitize polygons representing land assets
- Design methodology to complete a project and produce a final product.
- Utilize GIS techniques and software to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location
- Collect, manage, create and edit spatial data for incorporation into analysis, graphic displays, maps, and simulations
- Working with general land data to integrate with ESRI/ArcGIS
- Provide support mapping data and analysis upon request
- Creating presentation quality maps and plot them using large format plotting equipment
- Translate hard copy or computer generated data into GIS
- Create maps from source data, such as land records, mapped legal descriptions, etc.
- Conduct data gathering, conversion, analysis, manipulation and processing of spatial data using computerized GIS
- Monitor mapping work and the updating of maps in order to ensure accuracy, the inclusion of new and/or changed information, and compliance with rules and regulations
- Communicates with Engineering and Oil and Gas Department effectively to disseminate information.
- Knowledge of mapping and GIS software applications including ESRI ArcGIS
- Knowledge of GPS technology, data collection, and integration with GIS software
- Modify existing database through geoprocessing
- Validate and review data in geodatabase
- Project management, ability to accept a project independently and in a team work environment
- Able to adhere to departmental and company standards for data creation, management, and dissemination
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to accept and follow directions
- Researching resources such as survey maps and legal descriptions to verify property lines to obtain information needed for mapping
- Ability to read and use zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps, and aerial maps
- Researching and confirming system data to assure accuracy, making all necessary edits and updates as needed
- GIS principals and mapping programs including ESRI ArcGIS and GPS technology
Prior work experience:
- Prior employment experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Minimum of two years' experience with GIS/CAD or other computer mapping technology
- Language skills include the ability to analyze and communicate effectively, including but not limited to the ability to compose concise procedures, memos and emails. Must be able to read and write fluently in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of industry standard software including advanced computer skills are necessary (data entry/ability to learn and analyze new applications).
- Knowledge of GPS hardware and software, and the integration of GPS data into GIS software
- Self-motivated and must demonstrate a high-level of integrity and productivity.
- Able to perform duties independently with general supervision.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects; adhering to strict timelines.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and basic analytical skills
- Degree in GIS, geography, planning, ecology, environmental science or related field, or demonstrated equivalent ability and/or experience. 1-2 years' experience with oil and gas company is preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of Cartographic experience, including experience using ArcGIS and mapping results of ecological and/or cultural resources field surveys
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and the principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
Kimble Companies offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer 401k plan with company match, 10 Paid Vacation days after 90 days and paid Holidays
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, disability or national origin.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.