Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position is responsible for the administration, coordination, preparation and processing of information for the Geographic Information System (GIS). Assists with all GIS mapping functions including production and editing of digital utility infrastructure detail, data bases, GIS layers, tabular data, system modeling and files translation as required in the development of various digital map products. Ensures accurate and up-to-date records of the gas distribution system.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform creation, conversion, translation, migration, and import of GIS data from various sources.
- Perform editing, quality control, data manipulation and analysis functions to digital map data.
- Integrate other system asset management programs into the GIS.
- Perform system models for the entire distribution systems, main extension projects and other scenarios as directed.
- Develop specific quality assurance procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ensure digital media and related source materials are archived and properly stored.
- Contribute in gathering, creating, compiling, and maintaining metadata files.
- Communicate all production related concerns and inquiries to the Director of Integrity and Compliance.
- Process, update and correct digital base map data for geospatial applications.
- Apply advanced digital cartographic and/or GIS principles in all efforts.
- Maintain distribution system’s Sectionalization, Leak mapping and Miss Utility maps.
- Prepare system reports.
- Develop and provide training of GIS system.
- Adhere to Quality Control protocols as directed.
- Conduct or contribute in system preparation, project layout, and design activities.
- Maintain all related data and map products.
- Assist in distribution system operations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual DOT/PHMSA Reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Perform data field collection (GPS) of infrastructure assets.
- Knowledge of, promote, support and participate in the Company’s employee recognition program
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- One to Three Years’ Experience
- Associates degree
- Knowledge of ArcGIS 10. Able to perform edits and updates to mapping system as required.
- Knowledge of materials, software, and equipment used for drafting, surveying, construction and electronic mapping.
- Proficient in the use of standard business software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows).
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Knowledge of materials, software, and equipment used for drafting, surveying and electronic mapping including GPS.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Normal level of visual and hearing ability.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Federal, State, Municipal regulatory requirements, permits and record keeping.
- Company and industry standards, designs and practices.
- Company safety rules, regulations, procedures, policies and manuals.
- Perform work tasks and activities in a safe and conscientious manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Associates or better.
1-3 years: One to Three Years
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.