Navopache Electric Cooperative, Inc. (NEC)
NEC is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of a GIS Specialist. NEC is situated within the White Mountains of Arizona. It is a place of beautiful scenery, mild climate and has a small community atmosphere where you know your neighbors. Hiking, hunting, fishing and other outdoors sports for fun and relaxation are all possible when you live in the “White Mountains”.
- Create, update and maintain drawings, maps and facilities records using automated methods.
- Operate and maintain the GIS/GPS mapping equipment and software.
- Have and maintain knowledge of operating and software systems. Coordinate and suggest changes in same to supervisors and computer service center personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and counsel to supervisory personnel regarding user applications and optimum utilization of system resources, thus ensuring cost effective support and services to system users.
- Provide an effective interface with users to determine user requirements and resolve application discrepancies.
- Coordinate all maintenance activities pertaining to software and hardware with appropriate vendors.
- Prepare material requisitions and maintain supplies used with GIS/GPS mapping equipment.
- Serve as interface for data transmission between Global Positioning Satellite data collected in the field and the automated mapping equipment in the office.
- Serve as interface for data transmission between Engineering Staking Program and automated mapping system.
- Perform field investigations to verify and update mapping data as directed by supervisors.
- Know and work according to the Cooperative's safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree with emphasis in CAD/GIS or equivalent specialized training and experience to equal degree requirements.
- Associate degree in related field with four years work experience in CAD/GIS/ESRI.
- Experience in the electric utility and/or surveying/mapping fields preferred.
- Possess the demonstrated ability to perform standard functions in Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Database programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, SQL Server Express, etc).
- Possess a thorough knowledge of automated mapping system requirements.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be able to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cooperative policies, programs, and practices.
- Have proven organizational ability.
- Have proven work experience in multitasking and be detail oriented.
- Have the proven ability to work independently of others and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Have a willingness and ability to work with other NEC employees and departments and serve on various committees, if appointed to such.
- Be physically able to perform job functions, as well as field investigations to verify mapping data.
- Be able to work away from reporting location multi-days and nights and attend seminars and special training classes as directed by supervisors.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python is desirable.
- Have or be able to obtain a valid Arizona drivers license.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 4/10s The cooperative is on a 4/10 schedule (Monday through Thursday).
SALARY: Is commensurate with qualifications.
BENEFITS: Navopache offers an excellent comprehensive benefit package (e.g. vacation, sick leave, Short/Long Disability, 10 paid holidays, NRECA 401(k), pension and more).
CLOSES: Friday, February 24, 2017 at 6 pm Arizona Time.
Applicants chosen for interviews will be notified by phone within two weeks of closing date.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: If you feel you have the proven skills and abilities then you may apply on-line at www.navopache.org Select the "careers" tab located at the top right corner then select the position. We require a Cover Letter with your Resume. If you meet the qualifications you will be sent an application to complete. Selected qualified applicants will be contacted for interview scheduling. EOE/M/F/D/V
NEC: Founded in 1946 NEC is a member owned electric cooperative. Our mission is to serve our communities in the most efficient, safe and reliable way. If you are interested in fulfilling your career with a service oriented company then follow the instructions listed below.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.