Provide support to GIS Specialist and operating branches through the utilization of GIS and database skills. The GIS Support Specialist I will also provide analytical, spatial, and cartographical support for Waste Industries, as well as GPS support. The primary role of the GIS Support Specialist is to provide support for the GIS team by means of GIS and database preparation, and analysis.
Responsibilities include business processes & technical functions:
• Provide geocoding support for GIS team
• Perform cartography task for GIS team and company
• Communicate GIS policy and support to company members
• Update and maintain GIS data, and software.
• Travel to branch locations and work with local management
• Create route maps to branch operations with routing changes
• Provide spatial analysis throughout the company
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university;
• Two to three years related experience and/or training;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or at least one to two years in the waste industry experience (preferably operations)
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.