This position is responsible for validating pre-1991 As-Built information for Southwest Gas' 5-year Mapping Validation Project (MVP).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draws maps of geographical areas to show right-of-ways, property lines, building outlines, natural gas pipes, natural gas fittings, regulator stations, valves, and other information pertinent to the natural gas operating system using ESRI ArcGIS and ArcFM Enterprise software.
- Assists with all GIS mapping functions including production and editing of digital utility infrastructure detail, data bases, GIS layers, tabular data, system modeling and files translation as required.
- Ensures accurate and up-to-date records of natural gas facilities.
- Analyzes plat maps, records of survey, cloth maps, electronic maps, orthophotos, and county assessor records to provide historical context for data provided in as-built documents.
- Studies legal records such as Right-Of-Way permits, grant of easements, and building permits, to establish boundaries of properties.
- Analyzes data relating to as-built drawing information and applies standard mathematical formulas to identify, scale, and orient information.
- Analyzes satellite imagery to locate and contextualize as-built and governmental recorded documentation.
- Identifies and verifies information shown on electronic aerial photographs to determine validity of information.
- Creates, converts, and translates GIS data found in as-built drawings, work request information, and governmental recorded documentation.
- Performs quality control using various data found in PaperVision, WMIS, CSS, abandonment information, to be researched data, cloth maps, plat maps, records of survey, grants of easements, and various electronic aerial maps.
- Updates Mapping Validation table attributes based on verified as-built information.
- Develops specific quality control procedures and processes.
- Ensures verified documentation has been scanned in PaperVision database.
- Updates existing map and database to reflect additions, removals and other changes to land bases and company owned pipeline facilities.
- Operates peripheral devices related to the electronic mapping system such as plotters, scanners, and printers.
- Operates electronic scanner to produce color copies of original work requests and as-built drawings.
- Uses the Work Management Information System (WMIS) to find related work request and as-built information.
- Closes work requests and associated tasks in WMIS.
- Communicates effectively with peers for assistance in determining conflicting as-built information requires field verification.
- Communicates all related concerns and inquiries to the Site Manager or Assistant Site Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.