TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) is the seventh largest telecom provider in the U.S. For more than 40 years, the company has been connecting people with high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services in hundreds of rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across 31 states. Today, TDS has more than 1.1 million equivalent access lines in service and 2,700 employees. Business customers select from the latest technologies, including: VoIP (managedIP) phone service, dedicated Internet, data networking, and hosted-managed services.
Why Join TDS?
Are you ready to join a high-energy team focused on driving our practice to the next level? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Do enjoy working on a number of projects simultaneously and interacting with people at all levels? If you are looking for an excellent learning opportunity, consider joining our team!
An internship at TDS provides an opportunity to:
- Gain Hands-on experience working on multiple projects
- Access to a wide variety of software and hardware programs
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling: full-time during the summer, or part-time if you prefer, with reduced work hours during the academic year
- Free covered parking at our west-side location at 525 Junction Road. Bus lines #15, 73 and 74
What Sets TDS Apart From the Competition?
TDS believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities.
Here are some of the things we do in Madison:
- Collect and distributed food and toys for local charities at the holidays
- Provide many hours of bell ringing for the Salvation Army
- Donate hundreds of pints of blood through bi-monthly blood drives
- Provide numerous employee volunteers to Meals on Wheels
- Conduct multiple fund raisers for a wide variety of organizations such as: National MS Society (WI Chapter), American Cancer Society and the Madison Literacy Council
GIS Mapping Internship Highlights
In this role students will:
- Develop scripts that will automate of tasks within the GIS software and TDS data model. Develop dashboards that will be used for non-GIS personal to query data.
- Normalize files with TDS standard Map scales levels, Symbology, Parcel data sets.
- Analyze and correlate data from a variety of sources to be linked to features.
- Develop databases for managing a verity of project data and data entry in to the database.
- Currently pursuing (or recent graduate)AA, BS, or BA degree in Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Familiarity of ESRI / ArcGIS 10.x (desktop; mobile is a plus)
- MS Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Web Application Programming Interface (API)
- C+ programming experience
- Java, Python, and HTML5 experience desired
- MS Access database creation and design
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly and efficiently learn applications, systems, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.