Under the supervision of the Public Works GIS Coordinator, incumbent is responsible for creating GIS features and updating GIS features datasets.
Nature & Scope:
- Produce maps in the GIS environment for Public Works department (water, sewer, storm drain, and pavement or traffic systems).
- Collect and document field data using field mobile devices such as IPads or Android mobile devices.
- Edit geodatabase geometric network features or properties and tables.
- Assign attributes to existing features from As-Built plans and maps.
- Manage tasks and projects as assigned by the Public Works GIS Coordinator.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, GIS, Geography, or related field. Ideal candidate should have a basic knowledge of ArcGIS applications and the ability to edit graphic and tabular data in ArcMap. This position requires general knowledge of computers, the Windows operating system, networking, and Windows Office products. Candidate must possess the ability to read and interpret construction plans, development plans, and other types of maps. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must attached a unofficial or official college transcript to your application to be considered for the position.
- Experience with database systems such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server preferred. GPS technology experience and government work experience preferred. Familiarity with Public Works data sets is a plus.
- Must be able to work efficiently with little supervision and have an aptitude for brainstorming and problem solving. Must be able to collect and document field data. Must pass credit check and criminal background investigation and have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.