Ecology and Environment, Inc., an ESRI Business Partner, is seeking a GIS Developer for our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, NY. This position will support nationwide projects and clientele, across many different sectors and industries. We are seeking someone with enthusiasm for solving important environmental-related problems through the creative application of enterprise-level spatial data management solutions. Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable leading a group of GIS and non-GIS professionals, as well as actively participating as a team member to reach project goals.
- Involvement in all phases of software development life cycle, from requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, and implementation of GIS solutions
- Development of a variety of geospatial products including web, mobile and desktop architectures using ESRI development environments, online tools such as ArcGIS Portal/Online, ESRI ArcPad, and ArcGIS Collector for mobile data collection
- Development of custom field data collection forms using VBScript and XML for ESRI ArcPad
- Maintaining and supporting existing enterprise-level solutions that leverage large RDBMS and web service application interfaces
- Understanding the design, configuration, use, and maintenance of enterprise geodatabases, using both Microsoft SQL Server and ArcGIS Online/Portal
- Providing technical support to end users (external clients and/or colleagues) through training, demonstrations, and documentation
- Learning and applying new skills and tools during the life-cycle of a project
- Identifying knowledge-transfer opportunities to junior staff to streamline processes
- Designing workflows and data management techniques to increase efficiencies and maintain the quality of deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Geography, or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience developing web and desktop GIS solutions
- Experience developing GIS solutions using C#, .NET, and ESRI tools (as listed in responsibilities) including experience using Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio; experience with other GPS mapping grade solutions a plus
- Experience developing web pages using WebForms and MVC and working with data in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to work on and manage tasks across multiple projects
- Travel as needed for client meetings and business development
- Excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
- Ability to work as a member of a team and work with tight deadlines to successfully complete tasks on-time and within budget Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.