- Collect, create, and verify high quality field data utilizing Trimble GPS receiver.
- Create high quality cartographic materials.
- Utilize ArcGIS to import field data, digitize cartographic features and complete analysis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma.
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS (10.x), MS Office especially Excel, data collection and map production.
- Produce data layers, maps, tables, or reports using GIS technology, equipment, or systems.
- Ability to apply mapping skills related to GIS.
- Must be able to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail. Working knowledge of spatial mapping tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS, ArcPad, ArcGIS Online, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is desired.
- Current student at FSU or other higher education institution.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.