Liberty Utilities has an opening for a GIS Application Analyst . In this position you will be required to maintain the distribution system GIS database (SmallWorld), including performing revisions, updates, and new installations into the GIS database.
- Oversee the company’s GIS database, including updating the database with all of the daily work done by C&M street crews, from new and replaced installations, repaired and cut-off work.
- Have the knowledge of developing computer code and/or scripts to be incorporated into the GIS database.
- Have the knowledge of developing and implementing analysis tools (i.e. reports and software keys “short cut keys”) that could be used by various department as an aide in their required reporting requirements, including the Company’s DIMP Plan.
- Oversees that all of the daily GIS database entries are made timely in order for a facility locaters to have the most up-to-date information when working in the field, as it relates to dig safe mark outs and distribution system mark outs, required for the C&M street crews and outside contractors.
- Updated existing GIS information when deemed incorrect information has been detected.
- Supply the C&M Department with the necessary maps produced through the GIS System for large main and service replacement projects, as well as new growth projects.
- Have the ability to work in the field collecting existing topographically features, as needed, utilizing GPS equipment.
- Prepare end of month reports, identifying the amount of new installations, cut-offs, abandonments, etc., to be used for reporting purposes by various departments.
- Work closely with the C&M Supervisors relating to the field work orders that are completed by the acting foreman to assure that the information documented is accurate for GIS entry.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Company to be in the best interest of the Company and customers serviced.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering or in Geography (GIS).
- 3-5 years relative experience in AutoCAD, GIS or geography experience
- Reading of blueprints and interpreting gas facility recordspreferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, Plotter and GPS equipment experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Requires strong analytical skills with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Requires strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possessing a general understanding of a natural gas distribution system is helpful.
- Requires effective communication skills and ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Requires ability to work hours and days, including overtime, weekends and holidays, as necessary or desirable to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Requires ability to perform duties onsite, except those duties which are customarily or by their nature performed off site.
- Demonstrate ethical, professional conduct at all times; comply with the Liberty Utilities code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate a high standard of safety. Willing and able to comply with all safety regulations and company safety policies.
PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Physical Effort and Dexterity:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for lengthy periods, and reach with hands, arms, and stoop.
- The employee may occasionally be required to physically lift up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts, supplies and materials on occasion.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, consistent with a business office.
- Office setting and limited field work
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.