- Supports the geospatial information needs of company business processes. Applies geospatial and computing technologies to solve problems and facilitate decisions, in support of internal customer projects.
- Applies technical Geographic Information System (GIS) knowledge and expertise in the design, development, management, analysis, integration, and administration of geospatial database systems.
- Using knowledge of programming languages to create web viewers and web applications. Uses scripting languages to automate repetitive analysis, mapping, and data verification tasks.
- Good knowledge of geography, spatial analysis, and geographic information systems
- Esri's GIS software and applications such as ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server
- Good knowledge of cartography, including map design, use, production, and projections
- Working knowledge of Esri's GIS software applications such as ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Server
- Working knowledge of Esri's geodatabase format and the design, development, and use of databases in that format
- Providing GIS project-level support
- Communicating effectively with internal customers of varying GIS knowledge levels to assess GIS support requirements
- Using GIS software tools to design, develop, document, and analyze spatial data
- Spatial database management
- Integrating spatial data from various sources into GIS databases and linking with non-spatial attribute databases
- Spatial analysis and modeling
- Project management
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Make decisions
- Interact effectively with other employees regarding GIS issues
- Understand and carry out complex written and verbal instructions
- Accept responsibility
- Adapt readily to new situations
- Work in a team environment under close supervision
- Troubleshoot problems with computer hardware and software
- Bachelor's degree in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, cartography, or closely-related field.
- Successful completion of "Introduction to Arc/GIS" training course, or equivalent.
- Prefer: College course work specific to ArcGIS, and other Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri) software.
- One year of experience in the application of GIS technology, including a minimum of one year of experience with ArcGIS software OR an equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience using ArcGIS and other Esri software.
Adaptability, Building Partnerships, Continuous Learning, Positive Approach
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.