The GIS Analyst provides support in mapping, data manipulation, and spatial analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating with surveying/engineering firms to accurately plan drilling units for development and ensure the correct landowner acreages are accounted for.
- Research and confirm system data to assure accuracy, making all necessary edits and updates as needed.
- Serve as the point of contact and work with the surveyors to make sure they deliver plat maps as needed.
- Ensure that surveyors abide by all of the state regulations as far as drilling setbacks.
- Verify landowner’s acreage that will be used for royalty payments.
- Print maps using large format plotting equipment.
- Project management, able to accept a project independently and in a team work environment, design methodology to complete project and produce final product.
- Research resources such as survey maps and legal descriptions to verify assets and to obtain information needed for mapping.
- Provide completion engineers measured depths for first and last perforations which comply with state regulations.
- Creates a variety of maps as needed for all departments throughout the company.
- Serve as a technical point of contact and help train non-GIS staff on basic GIS skills.
- Work with drilling engineers to create bubble plats that determine the optimal spacing of well heads.
OTHER Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all regulatory, environmental and safety rules and standards, as well as company policy.
- May also order and maintain office supply quantities, maintain records management systems, and manage calendars requiring interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- May prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Works independently and in team settings on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, & Skills:
- Understanding of GPS technology, data collection, and integration with GIS software.
- Strong cartographic knowledge.
- Understanding of coordinate systems and projections.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to become familiar with industry specific terminology and symbology.
- Demonstrate strong computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Willingness to accept and follow directions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in team settings.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and basic analytical skills.
- Able to adhere to departmental and organization standards for data creation, management, and dissemination.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.