The Regional GIS Managers serves as the West Coast regional Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Manager and is directly responsible for execution and technical oversight of data, and services provided to all internal departments and external contractors. The incumbent directly supervises the GIS services provided by external contractors, including assigning and reviewing the work. The Regional manager will also act as the lead analyst and will build in-house GIS functionalities by performing and assisting in collection and preparation of site layouts and related geospatial planning. The position will report directly to the GIS Manager and will work closely with the Project Engineering, Project Construction, Capital Estimating, Origination, Operations, Asset Management, Legal, Development, and Wind Resource teams. Work will entail day-to-day management of geospatial data, data analysis, map preparation, data distribution, and coordination with outside consultants/contractors.
• Responsible for managing the GIS within region on multiple projects that involves not only internal GIS
analysis, but managing external consultants and engineers to deliver per the program requirements
• Lead prioritization of GIS project support workload within region served by developing and implementing a strategy to balance workload
• Negotiate agreements for external GIS support services
• Responsible for quality of GIS data whether developed internally or through 3rd party services
• Responsible for execution and technical oversight of data, and services provided to all internal departments and external contractors for west coast projects.
• Perform high level maintenance and enhancement of company-wide GIS infrastructure including, but not limited to: ArcGIS Server Administration, ArcSDE, Portal, etc.
• Support development of web/online mapping capabilities and data sharing.
• Produce hard copy and digital maps to support engineering, permitting, and development efforts.
• Perform complex queries on relational databases to efficiently capture data used for site suitability analysis.
• Manage all as-built drawings and survey data.
• Map environmental study information for mapping features, identify setbacks, road improvements, etc.
• Map encumbrances, constraints, and other restrictions to determine suitable locations for project features.
• Assist in turbine layout and road design through internal mapping capabilities.
• Prepare maps for real-time use and historical data display applications for operations group.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
Required Qualifications (Education, Years of or Specific Types of Experience, Required Computer Skills, Etc.)
• 10 + years’ experience as it relates to the job description plus.
• 10 years specific experience with ESRI ArcGIS software. Ideal software would be ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst, and 3DAnalyst. The company may consider candidates with less experience at a lower level.
• Experience with, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Collector, ArcPad
• Experience with CAD software (e.g.: AutoCAD) and conversion to GIS format.
• Experience with basic Windows applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications (Certifications, Specific Types of Experience, Industry Experience, Desired Computer Skills, Etc.)
• 5+ years work experience with GIS related to the development, construction, and operations of wind and solar projects.
• Custom software development (e.g.: using ArcObjects, Python, etc.).
• Experience collecting data using ArcGIS Collector, ArcPad, Terrasync, and developing mobile GIS
• Experience with use of GIS data in Google Earth.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.