JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The GIS Analyst/Developer under the direction of the GIS Program Manager is responsible for
performing the assigned technical tasks in supporting the project initiative for developing a work
order/asset management solution that leverages the capabilities of ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online
suite of tools.
• Provide the GIS services via Desktop ESRI ArcGIS software to support the City's web-based GIS
applications' base maps and geoprocessing services
• Provide service for GIS geodatabase editing, data creation and maintenance for applications and
for city divisions as needed.
• Be able to work with various city divisions in ascertaining work flows, business requirements and
training personnel in the use of GIS technology solutions.
• Data capturing and conversion of GIS data for all GIS activities
• Perform complex GIS analyses with a variety of data formats, Shape Files, Personal
Geodatabases, Third Party data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Excel, Access, etc.), images
• Work as part of the GIS team to develop distributed products via web-based technology and
• Expert utilization of the entire suite of ESRI GIS software including extensions (Network
Analyst, Spatial Analyst, etc) to perform high-level analysis to support various mapping projects
and web-based applications
• Expert in performing Python Scripting and Model Builder services needed for support of the
City's web-based applications
• Expert utilization of ArcGIS Server management tools to deploy and manage map and web
• Provide expert utilization of ArcGIS Online technologies to develop applications
• Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering, Computer Science, Planning or other related
• 3 -4 years professional working experience in GIS techniques and methodologies
• Expertise in ESRI software including ArcGIS/ArcInfo.
• Experience with ArcGIS Server management tools
• Working Experience with ArcGIS Online suite of tools
• Working Experience in writing and utilizing Python Scripting language and Model Builder
• Windows Operating Systems environment experience
• Knowledge of industry standard data models for municipal government agencies
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.