Critigen is looking for a GIS Analyst to provide GIS technical support, and assist in coordination and management of various regional projects, datasets, and programs for the Naval site in Kingsville TX. The Analyst will manage a single authoritative source of geospatial information and will act as the single point of contact for all Geographic Information and Services related issues (GI&S) in the Installation and Environment realm. The analyst will utilize Geographic Information System techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location, use varying analysis methods to arrive at results, and provide recommendations for appropriate business strategies in response to GIS analysis. The GIS Analyst will provide maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Top Candidates must have a basic understanding of CAD/GIS conversion and other file formats and must be capable of performing a variety of tasks. This position will report to the onsite Naval manager as well as a Critigen Practice Lead and will work at the client site in Kingsville.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Cartography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in GIS performing data management, analysis, and cartographic representation.
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledgeable in the implementation of the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE).
• Experience with SDE.
• In-depth understanding of Raster and Vector data, Versioning, Topology, Attribute data structures, Data acquisition, Database construction, Spatial Analysis, Cartographic Representation, Geocoding, Metadata, Digitizing, Editing Attribute and Graphical Data, and Preparing hardcopy outputs.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Software Applications and spatial analysis, including; geometric network, spatial and 3D analysis.
• Python and/or Model Builder experience.
• Experience with Updating/Publishing map services.
• Experience with GPS data collection process; field data collection methods, survey techniques and knowledge of accuracy standards.
• Experience with data management, technical writing, and geodatabases.
• Presentation skills with the ability to interface well with clients.
• Ability to train and provide technical guidance to other team members.
• Experience with GIS data and CAD data integration.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Geodatabase Structure.
• Detail orientation with an eye towards quality is a must.
• Must be a US citizen and have a US driver’s license.
• Must be willing and able to travel.
• Current or prior Common Access Card (CAC) "Smart" ID card for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, or eligible contractor personnel.
• Experience with the NAVFAC GeoReadiness program and NAVFAC Southeast installations
• Familiarity with NAVFAC GeoReadiness Explorer (GRX).
• Familiarity with Internet Naval Facilities Assets Data Store (iNFADS)
• Familiarity with Financial Inventory Audit Readiness (FIAR)
• Position works in an office environment
• Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.