FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in data analytics, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and data management services. FLO provides these services to government entities, school districts, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond. To support these efforts, we are seeking a full-time GIS Analyst to help drive a variety of core business functions across a wide variety of industries and project types.
The position is being offered for either our Portland, OR or Seattle, WA office. As a GIS Analyst, you will serve as a key member of the FLO team and will be tasked with project management, technical support tasks, marketing, and business development. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization skills, and experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to think outside the box, take initiative in a variety of situations, and effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person.
Key responsibilities include:
- Consulting with end users, clients and customers to determine GIS and system information needs.
- Evaluating procedures, processes, techniques, models and/or methodologies to develop complex solutions.
- Gathering requirements, determining scopes, and estimating hours needed to develop and deliver custom geospatial solutions to our customers, including managing projects through their entire lifecycle.
- Identifying, recommending, and assisting with implementing improvements to system designs and processing methodologies to improve workflow efficiency, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborating with cross-functional internal and external team members and occasionally third party vendors, sometimes as project lead, and other times under other team member leadership.
- Advising, training, mentoring, and learning from other team members on business development, technical, and client sectors topics.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of emerging solutions across client sectors.
- Coordinating with FLO's marketing coordinator and other senior/principal staff in the development of ongoing marketing strategies.
- Professional networking and relationship building in pursuit of new work throughout the Northwest, including attendance at tradeshows to market company services.
- Participating in internal marketing and business development meetings.
This person must possess a strong client focus and have the following experience:
- BA/BS degree from a U.S. accredited college or university in geography, planning, environmental studies/science, computer science, or a related field with an emphasis in GIS and/or data analytics.
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience as a GIS Analyst or equivalent.
- Proficient working with Esri's ArcGIS Desktop suite and extensions
- Experience conducting needs assessment and/or defining end use requirements for services and products.
- Experience managing projects, including successful alignment of scope of works, budgets, and staff resources.
- Experience in business development in the GIS consulting industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance and in a collaborative group environment.
- Willingness to work overtime and travel as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as an individual contributor on a transparent, agile team.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- A graduate certificate and/or degree in GIS or related field.
- Domain expertise in local government or utilities. Specifically, in providing GIS consulting services or having worked for a government or utility entity as a GIS analyst, coordinator or other related position.
- Experience in working with and providing a broad range of GIS services, including environmental, planning, and utility datasets.
- Experience developing and implementing asset management related applications and associated databases.
- Experienced with permitting and financial systems.
- Experience with Esri's extensions, including Business Analyst.
- Experience in working with Esri's AGOL, ArcGIS Server, and Web APIs.
- Experience with other non-Esri data analytic, blending, and visualization solutions (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau).
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.