Quantum Spatial is actively recruiting a GIS Analyst who possesses sound expertise in geospatial technologies and analytic methodologies. The position is located at a client facility in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The analyst must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills. The analyst must work well in a team environment and be self-motivated.
- Develop map products as needed
- GIS Data Quality Control and Assurance to various governmental data standards (FGDC, SDSFIE, etc)
- Compiles thematic data and records into reports
- Enters delineated map and descriptive information into the GIS through digitizing, key entry or other standard data entry procedures
- Use GPS equipment to facilitate data collection and post processing of data.
- Investigates and verifies geographic and land use data by making physical inspections and/or surveys of real property assets.
- Import GIS and CADD data and developing, analyzing, manipulating, extracting and importing of data to meet US Army Reserve requirements.
- Researches the GIS needs of user clients.
- Provides geospatial training
- Prepares models, diagrams and technical documentation for GIS applications, GIS database metadata and operating procedures.
- Digitizes data and/or utilizes GIS/GPS processes to develop spatial data as required for GIS project.
- Utilizes GIS/GPS technology to develop and produce maps, data, and reports.
- Assist development of quality assurance and preforms quality control to ensure a high degree of data consistency, integrity, and accuracy.
- Travel required; 25-50% of time
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in physical or natural science, geography, engineering, planning, computer science or a related field
- Five years of experience using GIS and CADD data.
- Experience developing and maintaining Spatial Data Standard for Installations & the Environment (SDSFIE).
- Experience w/ Army IGI&S, Army Mapper, and PRISMS data
- Experience using GPS equipment
- Experience in public speaking; preference will be given to those with experience in conducting training
- QA/QC experience.
- U.S. Citizenship to comply with federal contract requirements
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Geography, GIS or related field.
- 5 years or more of GIS experience w/ Army IGI&S and Army Mapper
- QA/QC experience
- GISP Certification
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Must have a sound technical understanding of key technologies (GIS, CAD, Database) and systems.
- Familiarity with installation real property and space management a plus.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.