AgReserves, Inc. is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world. The GIS Analyst will work for AgriNorthwest and River Point Farms, two of the company’s business units. AgriNorthwest is a large center-pivot irrigated potato, sweet corn, wheat, and corn grower located in the Tri-Cities area of South/Central Washington State. AgriNorthwest is a leading producer of potatoes and sweet corn for the food processing industry and also owns and operates a sizeable commercial grain elevator. River Point Farms is a center pivot and drip irrigated onion grower that also operates a large onion processing plant,located near Hermiston in North/Central Oregon.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst position is a practical, hands-on position using GIS (ESRI product line, including ArcGIS Server, Arc Pad, and ArcGIS Desktop products). The GIS Analyst is responsible for providing solutions for the collection of accurate GPS data; produces cartographic products for a wide range of needs in an agriculture/land based company; is responsible for electronically maintaining fields, roads, legal deeds, water related data sets, and many others; and is responsible to participate in a team environment to maintain GIS standards for data, hardware, and workflow processes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides mapping services to the Division that they are assigned.
• Collects high quality GPS data.
• Maintains and corrects all spatial data pertaining to the Division.
• Is involved with maintaining data standards throughout the company and specifically within the Division’s Enterprise geodatabase environment.
• Responsible for ensuring Division GIS data is replicated to the corporate repository.
• Determines and applies analysis procedures for spatial and non-spatial data.
• Determines how to analyze spatial relationships, including adjacency, containment, and proximity.
• Creates output, such as maps and graphs, using computer and geographic information system software and related equipment. Presents information to users and answers questions.
• Assists in maintaining GIS policy, procedures and strategic direction.
• Actively participates as a team member of the ARI GIS mapping group that recommends and maintains companywide GIS standards.
• Participates as a Production Systems team member on projects that lend themselves to be developed in a GIS environment.
• Works to help make Division property records accurate and complete.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Other Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor degree in a related field to GIS/mapping and/or agriculture-related field such as agronomy.
• Three to five years hands on experience with GIS and specifically Geodatabases, including editing, updating, and modifying the schema using domains, relationship classes, topologies, geometric networks.
• Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software.
• Exposure to production agriculture, either professional or personally not required but desired.
• GPS experience with high end GPS units and ArcPad or similar software.
• Ability to design professional cartographic products.
• Experience using AutoCAD drawings in ESRI products desired.
• Excellent ability to fulfill customer requests while maintaining corporate process strategy and standards.
NOTE: The specific statements shown in each section of this job announcement are not intended to be all- inclusive, but represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
• Excellent leadership, verbal, written, problem solving and listening skills.
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
• Ability to adapt to rapid and ongoing changes in technology
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.