The Keller Science Action Center at The Field Museum is looking for a full-time GIS Analyst and Cartographer, beginning as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile satellite imagery and other GIS data and analyze data
- Create maps and graphics for various media
- Help researchers use GIS as an analytical tool for their work on conservation and wellbeing in the Andes-Amazon.
- Solid working knowledge of and experience with ArcGIS, QGIS, Erdas Imagine, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree, and, preferably, an interest or background in geography, anthropology or natural sciences
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish is a strong plus
- We are beginning to use drones to gather data and imagery, and experience with this technology is also considered an asset
- Past experience with remote sensing desirable
Depending on the qualifications, aptitude and disposition of the applicant, there may be possibilities to travel to South America to support our scientific teams and work with our partner organizations in Peru, Colombia, and Guyana.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.