Transpo Group is seeking a highly motivated CAD-GIS Technician looking to step up their game by joining a dynamic organization with a lot of room for growth. The CAD-GIS Technician assists in the preparation of basic engineering designs, GIS analyses and mapping, and preparation of supporting graphics for studies.
This role will support project work across all business units, working with staff at all levels to ensure data is accurately represented in project graphics. The CAD-GIS Technician will work at the direction of project managers to complete all requests using the required software and technical skills to produce high quality graphics. This role will also be responsible for project history mapping, basic GIS analysis, database creation and maintenance, AutoCAD drafting, and mapping/cartography at the supervisor’s direction.
• Professional Certification in CAD design, GIS industry or related field
• Need to know industry software pertaining to engineering (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation)
• Basic knowledge using ESRI GIS software products
• Ability to perform data format conversions between CAD and GIS.
• Ability to create presentation-quality maps and graphics.
• Must have good time management skills in order to support co-workers and provide delivery materials to both internal and external clients.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Knowledge of GIS terminology and experience with ESRI ArcMap and ArcCatalog 10.x.
The successful candidate will exhibit a collaborative work style and be willing to do whatever it takes to complete project work at the highest quality level. This role also requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.