As a member of the Business Development Division, you will work collaboratively with an account team to sell and promote adoption of Esri’s ArcGIS platform within AEC organizations. As part of an account team, you will be responsible for facilitating the development and execution of a set of strategies for a defined portfolio of accounts. When executing these strategies you will utilize your experience in enterprise sales to help customers leverage geospatial information and technology to achieve their business goals.
- Prospect and develop opportunities to partner with key stakeholders to envision, develop, and implement a location strategy for their organization
- Clearly articulate the strength and value proposition of the ArcGIS platform
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth
- Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of insightful industry knowledge and how GIS applies to initiatives, trends, and triggers
- Understand the key business drivers within an organization and identify key business stakeholders
- Understand your customers’ budgeting and acquisition processes
- Successfully execute the account management process including account prioritization, account resourcing, and account planning
- Successfully execute the sales process for all opportunities
- Leverage and lead an account team consisting of sales and other cross-divisional resources to define and execbute an account strategy
- Effectively utilize and leverage the CRM to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge of the AEC industry
- Leverage social media to successfully prospect and build a professional network
- Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars (as required)
- Support visual storytelling through effective whiteboard sessions
- Be resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues
- Five or more years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Demonstrated experience in managing the sales cycle including prospecting, proposing, and closing
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address customer needs
- Demonstrated experience with strong partnerships and advocacy with customers
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Experience executing insight selling methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding and mitigation of competitive threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize your activities
- Demonstrated experience to lead executive engagements to provide services and sell to the AEC industry
- Knowledge of the AEC industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycle
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, depending on position level
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to the AEC industry
- Experience working with the AEC industry
- Experience working with GIS
- Fundamental understanding of AEC certifications and requirements of the AEC industry
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and problem solving
- Results oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.